FROM: CHIEF MAGISTRATE.
TO: ALL ADVOCATES/LITIGANTS
RE: ANNUAL LEAVE.
Kindly note that I will be away on annual leave from 6/4/2020 until 17/4/2020 all days inclusive.
During my absence, Hon. Ezekiel Obina, P.M will be in charge of the station.
Any inconvenience caused is highly regretted.
CHIEF MAGISTRATE, KISII
1. PRESIDING JUDGE-KISII
2. HON. EZEKIEL OBINA,P.M-KISII
JUDICIARY OF KENYA
KISII LAW COURTS
FROM: CHIEF MAGISTRATE.
TO: ALL COURT USERS (HIGH COURT, E.L.C AND CM’S COURT)
DATE: 31ST MARCH 2020.
SUBJECT: COURT OPERATIONS IN MITIGATION OF THE COVID-19
KINDLY TAKE NOTE that we have developed the following guidelines to mitigate the effects of COVID-19 TO OUR CLIENTS;
- Bond/cash bail for some remandees have either been reduced or substituted as need be. A list of reviewed bond/cash bail is available at the court premises or in our Facebook page and email: https://www.facebook.com/KISII LAW COURTS or email@example.com.
- Deposit of cash bail can be done through our Mpesa line as follows:
a) Go to PAYBILL and type 522537 then press ok button.
b) The account numbers are:
i. 2275 for Deposits which are cash bail for criminal matters and security for civil matters.
ii. 7275 for Fees and Fines.
iii. For example, if the case is CR 100/2020, type the account number as 2275CR100/2020(no spacing) then press the OK button.
c) The recipient should read as “Kisii Law Court deposit account.”
d) Forward the received message above (no. C) to our liaison officer number 0753861533.
e) Administration will process release upon verification.
3. Processing of bond shall be guided by our customer care service contact numbers (0721934038 or 0790921273). Before calling, kindly ensure you have the following documents;
a) Original title deed or logbook or pay slip and share certificate for those presenting their pay slips.
b) Original identity card or passport.
c) Verification of surety documents shall be done by the DCIO.
d) The DCIO will forward the verified documents to the court administrator who shall notify the proposed surety of the date for examination by the duty court.
4. Accused persons in custody granted free bond to contact customer care through mobile numbers 0721934038 or 0790921273. Kindly ensure that you have original ID and where necessary a letter from the area Chief.
5. Warrants of arrest executed by police will be handled by the duty judge or magistrate. Kindly call the customer care for further directions.
6. The duty courts shall only handle pleas for serious matters under the following guidelines;
a) Call the customer care before the plea is admitted (0721934038 or 0790921273).
b) The suspect and the accompanying officer must wear masks before entry into the court premises.
c) The suspect and the accompanying officer to wash hands and/or sanitize at the gate before entry into the court premise.
7. Miscellaneous applications will be dealt with as directed by customer care via 0721934038 or 0790921273.
8. Civil matters under extreme urgency shall be handled by our customer care and incase one is given audience; you must wear a mask. The following are guidelines in filing urgent civil matters;
a) Scan the application plus all annexures into PDF and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
b) A court assistant will assess the fees, assign a number and revert through same email.
c) Pay through our Mpesa account as follows;
i. Go to PAYBILL and type 522537 then press the OK button.
ii. Account number is 7275. For example, if your case number is CC 120/2019, type 7275CC120/2019, without spacing. Confirm the details before pressing OK button.
iii. The recipient name should be “Kisii Law Courts revenue account”.
iv. Forward the message to the email address email@example.com.
v. The station accountant shall verify the payment by checking the station bank statement.
vi. Upon verification, confirmation or decline, communication to parties will be sent through the same email.
9. Communication on how judgements and rulings will be delivered will be sent within the next 7 days
10. Where necessary, the customer care may contact the parties.
11. All calls to our customer care shall only be received within working hours 8.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.
ü These measures are temporary and may change from time to time.
ü Most importantly, members of the public are warned that this message maybe distorted by crooks especially on the part of Mpesa line and to this end take adequate precautions on the name of Mpesa recipient.
ü Take note that the court WILL NOT be responsible for any wrong payment.
We welcome any suggestions that may assist us to serve you better through our email address, firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Please stay at home and keep safe.”
HON. N.S. LUTTA