Please Wait. Searching ...
|Case Number:||Adoption Cause 6 of 2019|
|Parties:||In re ANM (Baby)|
|Date Delivered:||24 Feb 2022|
|Court:||High Court at Kiambu|
|Judge(s):||Rachel Biomondo Ngetich|
|Citation:||In re ANM (Baby)  eKLR|
|Disclaimer:||The information contained in the above segment is not part of the judicial opinion delivered by the Court. The metadata has been prepared by Kenya Law as a guide in understanding the subject of the judicial opinion. Kenya Law makes no warranties as to the comprehensiveness or accuracy of the information|
REPUBLIC OF KENYA
IN THE HIGH COURT OF KENYA
ADOPTION CAUSE NO. 6 OF 2019
IN THE MATTER OF ADOPTION OF INFANTS ACT CAP 143
1. The applicant ANM herein filed originating summons dated 7th May, 2019 seeking to adopt baby J alias A, to have GMM appointed as legal guardian and the Registrar General to be directed to enter the child’s name in the adoption register.
2. The application is supported by statement sworn by the application dated 7th May, 2019. Child’s birth certificate dated 16th February, 2015 is attached. The birth certificate indicate the child was born in Pumwani but there is no name of either father or mother.
3. JWG filed an affidavit to act as guardian Ad Litem for the chid which was allowed on 28th October, 2020.
4. I have perused report by KKPI Adoption Society. It confirms that the child A born on 28th April, 2010 is free of adoption.
5. Director Children Services filed report dated 22nd February, 2022 on 24th February, 2022. The report indicates that the applicant has good connection with children and that she is stable financially as she earns rental income.
6. The court also examined the applicant and the minor today. From my examination of both the applicant and the minor; and report filed, I am of the view that the applicant is suitable to adopt the child. From examination of the child, it is clear that he has connected with the applicant and is comfortable living with her and being taken care of by the applicant. It will be in the child’s best interest to allow the applicant to adopt him. I make final orders as hereunder:-
1. The applicant ANM is hereby allowed to adopt Baby J alias A.
2. The child’s name to be changed to AMN.
3. GMM is hereby appointed as legal Guardian of minor.
4. The Guardian Ad Litem JWG is now discharged.
5. The Registrar General is hereby directed to enter the child’s name, AMN in the Adopted Children Register.
RULING DATED AND DELIVERED AT KIAMBU THIS 24TH DAY OF FEBRUARY, 2022.
Court Assistant : Kinyua
For Applicant :- Mr. Kamenju
RULING delivered virtually.