Please Wait. Searching ...
|Case Number:||Criminal Case 23 of 2019|
|Parties:||Republic v Stanley Njau Kamau|
|Date Delivered:||21 May 2019|
|Court:||High Court at Nairobi (Milimani Law Courts)|
|Judge(s):||Jessie Wanjiku Lesiit|
|Citation:||Republic v Stanley Njau Kamau  eKLR|
|Case Outcome:||Application allowed.|
|Disclaimer:||The information contained in the above segment is not part of the judicial opinion delivered by the Court. The metadata has been prepared by Kenya Law as a guide in understanding the subject of the judicial opinion. Kenya Law makes no warranties as to the comprehensiveness or accuracy of the information|
REPUBLIC OF KENYA
HIGH COURT AT NAIROBI
CRIMINAL CASE NO. 23 OF 2019
V E R S U S
STANLEY NJAU KAMAU.............................ACCUSED
RULING ON BAIL
1. The accused herein has been charged with murder contrary to Section 203 as read with Section 204 of the Penal code. The particulars are that;
“On the 16th of March 2019, at Githunguri trading Centre, in Ruai Location Njiru Sub County within Nairobi County, murdered Samuel Kamau”
2. The accused persons advocate made an oral application to have the accused released on bail pending trial.
3. The prosecution stated they do not have compelling reasons to warrant the accused being denied bail/bond.
4. I am guided by the Article 49 (1) (h) of the Constitution, which provides that bail may be granted to an accused where there is no compelling reason dictating otherwise.
5. Considering that the accused bail application is not opposed and no compelling reasons have been alluded to, I hereby grant him bail on the following terms:
1. The accused may be released on a cash bail of Ksh.250,000/
2. In the alternative, the accused may be released on a bond of Ksh.500,000/= with one surety of similar amount.
3. The accused person is warned not to either directly or otherwise interfere, approach or in any manner intimidate the witnesses’ in this case pending trial.
4. The accused is warned that if he fails to adhere to the set conditions or fails to turn up for his trial, he will be re-arrested and his bail/bond cancelled.
DATED AT NAIROBI THIS 21st DAY OF MAY, 2019.